American Red Cross
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor Course
This course trains instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers course.
To participate in the CPR instructor course, candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Possess a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers certification or equivalent.
- Complete an online orientation to the American Red Cross.
- Complete an online CPR Instructor Precourse including online Precourse test.
2.5 hrs for the online precourse and 7 hrs in-class training = 9.5 hrs total
American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor: valid for 2 years.
Class Dates – Classes fill up quick register early!
|REGISTER||CLASS DATES||CLASS SCHEDULE||CLASS FEE||CLASS LOCATION
|Register Online||Coming Soon||$175||110 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620|
Online Instructor Orientation & Precourse
The Red Cross requires all Instructors to complete an online Precourse and Orientation to the American Red Cross. The Red Cross charges $35 for the online orientation which is in addition to the training fees charged by Safe Swim. After you register for the course you will receive an email with a link to the Precourse and Orientation that you must completed prior to the training.
The Online Session has 3 components:
• An Orientation to the American Red Cross
• An Orientation to the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Program
• A First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Precourse Exam
NOTE: You will not be able to continue in the Instructor Course if you have not completed the Online Orientation and Precourse by the class date.
Instructor Manuals & Forms
Links to all course manuals and forms will be emailed to you once you register online for the class.
What to Bring to Class
- Proof that you are at least 17 years old
- Current (valid) Red Cross First Aid, CPR and/or AED certification(s) or the equivalent
- Completed Registration Form
- Online Pre-Course completion report
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Participant’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- Adult and Infant CPR pocket masks (may be purchased at class for $25/set)
At the conclusion of the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor course, instructor candidates should be thoroughly familiar with the program materials and should be able to:
Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants stay engaged in the learning process.
Perform applicable CPR and AED skills at the professional rescuer level.
Ensure participants’ health and safety during training.
Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
Monitor participants’ practice and provide positive, corrective feedback and encouragement consistent with the skill charts and skill assessment tools.
Recognize the requirements in the skill assessment tools as criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance.
To be certified as an instructor, candidates must:
Successfully complete the prerequisite requirements.
Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
Successfully complete class activities including two practice-teaching assignments.
Score at least 80 percent (20 correct answers out of 25 questions) on the instructor written exam.
Participant Products/Materials (available in e-book and print formats)
American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Handbook
American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor’s Manual