Candidate Page – CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Instructor Course
This page provides links to the Instructor Pre-Course, Orientation to the Red Cross, course textbooks, and other important information that you must complete before the start of your class.
Please read all the information on this page carefully and follow all instructions to prepare for the Instructor course.
Bring the completed registration form with you to class.
Complete the orientation to the Red Cross by doing the following:
- Go to the Red Cross Orientation page
- Review the four modules – Module 1: History, Module 2: Foundations, Module 3: Key Services, Module 4: Our Commitments
Prior to the in-class date, all participants must complete an online pre-course thru the Red Cross Learning Center. The Red Cross fee for the online course is $28 which in addition to the class fee.
Note: You will not be able to continue in the class if you have not completed the Online Precourse & Orientation by the first class meeting.
Steps to complete the online Instructor Pre-Course
- For best results use Firefox browser and disable pop-up blockers. The online course is NOT optimized for Google Chrome.
- Create an account for the Red Cross Learning Center at http://classes.redcross.org or log in to your existing account.
- Click the link below that corresponds with your correct class dates, if the link does not open please copy and paste the URL in your web browser.
||Online Course Link||Offering ID|
|Apr 26, 2015||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000004977212/05264LTPSAFESWIM||03443558|
|May 17, 2015||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000004977313/05264LTPSAFESWIM||03443736|
- Once you are logged in and on the Create Order page, you will see the course has been added to your cart.
- Click “Confirm” on the Create Order Page.
- Select Credit Card as the method of payment, enter your credit card information and click “Place Order” at the bottom of the page.
You are now enrolled for the Online Course.
- You may launch the content by clicking the “Go To My Enrollments” button, then click the “Launch” link next to the appropriate course or, you may log in at a later time.
- A new window will appear. Click on the link to launch the course.
- When finished, print the certificate of completion and bring it to the class.
Note: If you already have an Red Cross account, enter your username and password to log-in. If you cannot remember your username and password, contact the Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED-CROSS. You may receive an email from the Red Cross confirming your profile registration, please do not use any links in the Red Cross email to complete the online course. Please use the links listed above.