Lifeguard Online Course
Note: You must Register Online for a class before you start the online course.
Prior to the Lifeguard class, all participants must complete an online course thru the Red Cross Learning Center for $35 which in addition to the class fee. Please allow 6-7 hours to complete the online course.
Steps to complete the Online Course
To enroll and complete the online course click on each step below and follow the instructions in the order they are listed.
To access the Red Cross Learning Center:
- Go to http://classes.redcross.org
- Click the “New User” link and set up an account or login to your existing account.
- Once you are logged in, continue to step 2 below.
Note: When you registered for the class through Safe Swim’s website it DOES NOT set-up an account for you with the Red Cross, you must set this up yourself.
If you already have an Red Cross account, enter your username and password to log-in. If you cannot remember your username and password, contact the Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED-CROSS.
You may receive an email from the Red Cross confirming your profile registration, please do not use any links in the Red Cross email to complete the online course. Follow the directions in Step 2 and Step 3 below.
Click on the link below that is next to the class date you are registered for (make sure to select the correct link). If the link does not open paste the URL in your web browser.
At this point you should be logged in to the learning center and on the Create Order page. The title of the online course is: Lifeguarding for CA with Bundle 5.
- Click “Confirm” on the Create Order Page.
- Select Credit Card as the method of payment.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Click “Place Order” at the bottom of the page.
- You are now enrolled in the online course, continue to step 3 below.
To complete the online course:
- Click the”My Learning” tab (top left)
- From the My Enrollments page, Click the “Launch” link next to the online course
- A small pop-up window will appear, Click on the online course title (in blue)
- A larger pop-up window will appear to start the online course
- Complete ALL online course lessons (1 thru 9) and complete the exam (at the end of the online course).
- Print the progress report to verify completion of the online course and bring it to class.