Shallow Water Lifeguard – Online Course
Note: You must Register Online for a class before you start the online course.
Prior to the in-class date, all participants must complete an online course thru the Red Cross Learning Center. The Red Cross fee for the online course is $35 which in addition to the class fee. Please allow 6-7 hours to complete the online course.
Need Help? Watch our How To Video Guide.
Steps to complete the Online Course
To enroll and complete the online course click on each step below and follow the instructions in the order they are listed.
Access the Red Cross Learning Center
- Go to http://classes.redcross.org
- Log-in to your existing account or Click the “New User” link and set up your account (make note of your username and password for future access to your account).
- Once you are logged in, continue to step 2 below.
If you need help accessing your account, contact the Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS.
Click on the link below that is next to the class date you are registered for (make sure to select the correct link). If the link does not open paste the URL in your web browser.
At this point you should already be logged in to the learning center and on the Create Order page.
Follow the steps below to complete your order.
- Click “Confirm” on the Create Order Page.
- Select “Credit Card” as the Method of Payment.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Click “Place Order” at the bottom of the page.
You are now enrolled in the online course.
To complete the online course:
- Click the”My Learning” tab (top left)
- From the My Enrollments page, Click the “Launch” link next to the online course
- A small pop-up window will appear, Click on the online course title (in blue)
- A larger pop-up window will appear to start the online course
- Complete ALL online course lessons (1 thru 9) and complete the exam (at the end of the online course).
- Print the progress report to verify completion of all the online lessons and bring it to the first in-class date.