First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor
This course has been updated to include 2015 ECC Guidelines and provides instructor candidates with the skills and knowledge to teach the American Red Cross basic-level First Aid, CPR and AED courses.
To participate in the First Aid/CPR/AED instructor course, instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Possess current American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and/or AED certification(s) or the equivalent.
- Complete an online orientation to the American Red Cross.
- Complete an online First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Precourse including online Precourse test.
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, valid for 2 years.
CPR & First Aid Instructor Training Dates
|REGISTER||CLASS DATES||CLASS SCHEDULE||CLASS FEE||CLASS LOCATION
|Sold Out||Jan 7 & 8, 2017||Sat 8am-9pm||$230||110 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620|
|Sold Out||Feb 25 & 26, 2017||Sat 8am-9pm||$230||110 Lamplighter, Irvine, CA 92620|
Instructor Manuals & Forms
Links to all course manuals and forms will be emailed to you once you register online for the class.
What to Bring to Class
- Proof that you are at least 17 years old
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification(s) or equivalent
- Completed Registration Form
- Online Pre-Course completion report
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Participant’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- Adult and Infant CPR pocket masks (may be purchased at class for $25/set)
At the conclusion of the course, instructor candidates should be thoroughly familiar with the program materials and should be able to:
- Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
- Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process.
- Perform applicable fi rst aid, CPR and AED skills at an appropriate skill level.
- Ensure participants’ health and safety during training.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Plan, organize and conduct the first aid, CPR and AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching.
- Monitor participants’ practice and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill chart.
- Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tool are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance.
- Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of participants or groups.