First Aid and CPR Instructor Classes
American Red Cross First Aid and CPR Instructor
This course will train instructor candidates to teach basic-level American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED courses.
To participate in the First Aid and CPR Instructor course, instructor candidates must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Possess current basic-level American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED certification or equivalent.
- Complete an online orientation to the American Red Cross.
- Complete an online First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Precourse including online Precourse test.
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, valid for 2 years.
[flat_button text=”Register Now” title=”Class Schedules & Registration” url=”https://www.cprtrainingpro.com/cpr-instructor-classes/” padding=”10px 20px” bg_color=”transparent” border_color=”#061cc4″ border_width=”1px” text_color=”#061cc4″ text_size=”14px” align=”left” target=”_self”]
[accordion_toggle title=”Course Objectives”]
At the conclusion of the course, instructor candidates should be thoroughly familiar with the program materials and should be able to:
- Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
- Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process.
- Perform applicable fi rst aid, CPR and AED skills at an appropriate skill level.
- Ensure participants’ health and safety during training.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Plan, organize and conduct the first aid, CPR and AED courses in accordance with the requirements of the specific class they will be teaching.
- Monitor participants’ practice and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill chart.
- Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tool are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant’s performance.
- Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of participants or groups.
[accordion_toggle title=”Instructor Manuals & Forms”]
Links to all course manuals and forms will be emailed to you once you register online for the class.
[accordion_toggle title=”What to Bring to Class”]
- Proof that you are at least 16 years old
- Current basic-level American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED certification or equivalent
- Online Pre-Course completion report
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Participant’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor’s Manual (digital or hard copy)
- Adult and Infant CPR pocket masks (may be purchased at class for $15/set)
To purchase hard copies of the manuals visit https://www.redcross.org/store/books-and-dvds
[accordion_toggle title=” More Training Questions”]
How old do I have to be to register for the class? 16 years older on the last class date.
Do I have to be certified in CPR and First Aid to take the class? Yes. You must be currently certified in American Red Cross CPR/AED.
Do I have to take the online course? Yes. The online instructor course is required to get certified and the cost for the online course is $37 (paid to the Red Cross when you sign up for the online course).
[accordion_toggle title=”Program Policies”]
Class fees are nonrefundable and no refunds will be issued once fees have been submitted. Class materials and supplies such as course manuals and textbooks, CPR masks and all other class supplies are nonrefundable.
The class transfer fee is $150.00 and registered participants are required to submit a Transfer Request online at least 48 hours prior to the original class date. Transfers will only be granted if space is available in a future class with-in 60 days of the original class date.
No Show Policy
If a registered participant is a no-show and absent from their scheduled class, the participant will not receive a refund of any kind and is not eligible for a class transfer.
Cancelled Class Policy
CPR Training Professionals reserves the right to cancel classes as needed. In the event a class is canceled registered participants will be offered a transfer to a different class at no additional charge or a full refund.
Only registered class participants are allowed in the classroom during training. All visitors must wait in the parking lot.
Replacement Certificate Policy
The replacement certificate fee is $25. To request a replacement certificate call (714) 602-9796.
[accordion_toggle title=”Job Opportunities”]
We are always looking for great instructors..
Interviews are available during training; please see a representative during class for more details