LIFEGUARD INSTRUCTOR CANDIDATE PAGE
This page provides important information on steps LGI Candidates must complete before the start of the LGI class. Please read all the information on this page carefully and follow all instructions to prepare for the Lifeguard Instructor course.
Note: You will not be able to continue in the Lifeguarding Instructor course if you have not completed all of the steps below by the first class meeting.
Prior to the in-class date, all LGI Candidates must complete an online Introduction to the Lifeguard Instructor course thru the Red Cross Learning Center. The fee for the online course is $37, paid directly to the Red Cross and not included with the class fee (as stated during registration).
Steps to complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor course
- Allow 2 hours to complete the online course.
- For best results use Chrome browser, disable pop-up blockers and enable Flash Player in your browser settings.
- Click the link below that corresponds with your correct class dates (make sure you select the correct class link). If the link does not open please copy and paste the URL in your web browser.
|Class Dates||Offering ID||Online Course Link|
|Dec 15 & 16, 2018||05787648||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007187240|
|Jan 26 & 27, 2019||06074472||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462245|
|Feb 16 & 17, 2019||06074729||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462465|
|Mar 2 & 3, 2019||06074888||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462602|
|Mar 16 & 17, 2019||06213657||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007594305|
|Apr 13 & 14, 2019||06206660||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007587514|
|May 11 & 12, 2019||06074824||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462540|
|Jun 1 & 2, 2019||06074826||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462549|
|Aug 17 & 18, 2019||06074733||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007462479|
|Oct 12 & 13, 2019||06212774||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007593447|
|Dec 7 & 8, 2019||06206683||https://classes.redcross.org/R/class000000007587526|
- Create an account for the Red Cross Learning Center or log in to your existing account.
- Once you are logged in and on the Create Order page, you will see the Lifeguard Instructor course has been added to your cart.
- Click “Confirm” on the Create Order Page.
- Select Credit Card as the method of payment, enter your credit card information and click “Place Order” at the bottom of the page.
- You are now enrolled for the Online Training Course.
- You may launch the content by clicking the “Go To My Enrollments” button, then click the “Launch” link next to the appropriate course or, you may log in at a later time.
- A new window will appear. Click on the link to launch the online course.
- When finished, print the certificate of completion and bring it to the first class meeting.
Note: You can access the Red Cross Learning center at https://classes.redcross.org. If you already have a Red Cross account, enter your username and password to log-in. If you cannot remember your username and password, contact the Red Cross Training Support Center at 1-800-RED-CROSS.
Trouble Shooting Tips
If the program does not load and the pop-up window remains blank try these steps:
- Google Chrome
After you click Launch and the pop-up window opens, Click the shield icon in the right hand corner by the address bar and then click load unsafe scripts.
After you click Launch and the pop-up window opens, Click the little “I” in the circle next to the lock icon in the left hand corner by the address bar and then click the arrow on the right of classes.redcross.org and then allow all content (secure and un-secure).
The program will not run in Safari. Use one of the other browsers listed above.
Have questions or need help?
Please call our office at 949-420-0804 during business hours Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, if we do not answer (we are most likely teaching a class) so please leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible. PLEASE BE PATIENT, WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL!
Note: We do not recommend you calling the Red Cross for help, as they are not trained to help you solve computer technical issues, however we are very happy to help so please call our office at 949-420-0804.
LGI candidates are required to have the following textbooks for the class. You may download and print, or purchase the manuals using the links below.
Download & Print:
- Lifeguard Instructor r.2017 Manual – (must bring a printed copy to class)
- Lifeguarding r.2017 Manual (must bring a digital or printed copy to class)
Note: The Red Cross now requires the Lifeguard Instructor manual be a hard copy (either printed or purchased) for the LGI class; and the Lifeguarding manual may be either a digital or hard copy for class. We do not sell books at class so please plan accordingly.
LGI candidates are required to have the Lifeguarding presentation on a lap top for the class. You may download the presentation using the links below.
Note: The presentation can not be streamed and will not play on a tablet or iPad, it must be downloaded to a laptop.
If you have trouble downloading the presentation using the link above, visit the Lifeguarding Instructor Candidates page at https://www.instructorscorner.org/s/candidate-lifeguarding and download the presentation under Instructor Materials (Core).
Download & Print:
- LGI Class Forms – (must bring a printed copy to class)
Download & Print:
- Instructor Candidate Practice Teaching Workbook – (must bring a printed copy to class)
Download & Print:
- Lifeguard Instructor Class Study Guide – (must bring a printed copy to class)