[message type=”custom” start_color=”#d40000″ end_color=”#d40000″ border=”#ff5900″ color=”#ffffff” class=”class-name”]MAY 25, 2020 COVID-19 UPDATE:
All Aquatic Training classes have been canceled until further notice to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community. Until pools reopen and physical distancing requirements are lifted it is impossible to conduct Lifeguarding or Water Safety classes.
If you need assistance during this time, please call or text 1-800-916-1213 and a member of our staff will respond within 24 hours.[/message]
SAFETY TRAINING FOR SWIM COACHES
[message type=”custom” width=”100%” start_color=”#05265b” end_color=”#05265b” border=”#05265b” color=”#ffffff” class=”class-name”]American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches[/message]
[accordion_toggle title=”Course Description”]
- American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, developed in partnership with USA Swimming, is intended to teach those involved in competitive swimming how to help maintain a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers; prevent accidents and emergencies; and respond to swimmers with illnesses or injuries in water or on land.
- This course meets the requirements for USA Swimming and YMCA affiliated coaches.
- This is a blended learning course with a 3 hour online session and a skill-based pool/class session of up to 3 hours.
- Must be 15 years or older
[accordion_toggle title=”Certification Issued”]
- Upon successful course completion participants will receive a 2 year American Red Cross certificate in Safety Training for Swim Coaches
|Register||Class Dates||Class Time||Fee||Location|
|No classes available at this time.|
[accordion_toggle title=”What to Bring to Class”]
- Print: Safety Training for Swim Coaches class forms
- Online Course completion report
- Bathing suit, towel and dry clothes
[accordion_toggle title=”Course Manual”]
- Digital course manual: Safety Training for Swim Coaches Supplement
[accordion_toggle title=”Certification & Class Receipt”]
- The certificate will be emailed to you from the Red Cross with in 5 business days after completing the class (please check your spam folder if you do not get the email).
- If you do not receive an email visit redcross.org/getcertificate and enter your email address.
- If you rare unable to locate your certificate please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and select the prompts for Health and Safety Training.
- Print: Training Receipt
- Note: To customize your class receipt, you will need Adobe Reader and input the fields as they pertain to the course(s) you completed.
[accordion_toggle title=”Program Policies”]
- Class Transfers – The class transfer fee is $25 and registered participants are required to submit a Transfer Request online at least 48 hours prior to the original class date. Training must be completed within 60 days of the original class date.
- No Refunds – Training deposits are nonrefundable and No refunds will be issued once course fees have been submitted. In the event that a participant is unable to pass the prerequisites or final exams the participant may transfer to a class at a later date (if available). If a participant is absent from any scheduled class days or times, the participant will not be offered a transfer or refund of any kind.
- No Visitors – Only registered participants are allowed on the pool deck or in the classrooms during training. All visitors including parents must wait in the parking lot.
- Cancelled Classes – Safe Swim reserves the right to cancel classes as needed. In the event a class is canceled registered participants will be offered a transfer to a different class free of charge or a full refund of the training deposit.