SAFETY TRAINING FOR SWIM COACHES
- American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, developed in partnership with USA Swimming, is intended to teach those involved in competitive swimming how to help maintain a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers; prevent accidents and emergencies; and respond to swimmers with illnesses or injuries in water or on land.
- This course meets the requirements for USA Swimming and YMCA affiliated coaches.
- This is a blended learning course with a 3 hour online session and a skill-based pool/class session of up to 3 hours.
- Must be 15 years or older
- Upon successful course completion participants will receive a 2 year American Red Cross certificate in Safety Training for Swim Coaches
|Register||Class Dates||Class Time||Fee||Location|
|Register||April 19, 2020||Sun 7:30am||$39||Brea, CA 92821|
|Register||Apr 26, 2020||Sun 7:30am||$39||Brea, CA 92821|
|Register||May 3, 2020||Sun 7:30am||$39||Brea, CA 92821|
|Register||May 24, 2020||Sun 7:30am||$39||Brea, CA 92821|
|Register||May 31, 2020||Sun 7:30am||$39||Brea, CA 92821|
- Digital course manual: Safety Training for Swim Coaches Supplement
- The certificate will be emailed to you from the Red Cross with in 5 business days after completing the class (please check your spam folder if you do not get the email).
- If you do not receive an email visit redcross.org/getcertificate and enter your email address.
- If you rare unable to locate your certificate please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and select the prompts for Health and Safety Training.
- Class Transfers – The class transfer fee is $25 and registered participants are required to submit a Transfer Request online at least 48 hours prior to the original class date. Training must be completed within 60 days of the original class date.
- No Refunds – Training deposits are nonrefundable and No refunds will be issued once course fees have been submitted. In the event that a participant is unable to pass the prerequisites or final exams the participant may transfer to a class at a later date (if available). If a participant is absent from any scheduled class days or times, the participant will not be offered a transfer or refund of any kind.
- No Visitors – Only registered participants are allowed on the pool deck or in the classrooms during training. All visitors including parents must wait in the parking lot.
- Cancelled Classes – Safe Swim reserves the right to cancel classes as needed. In the event a class is canceled registered participants will be offered a transfer to a different class free of charge or a full refund of the training deposit.