SHALLOW WATER LIFEGUARD REVIEW
|American Red Cross Shallow Water Lifeguard Recertification
Shallow Water Lifeguard Review Dates
|No classes at this time|
Shallow Water Lifeguard Review Facts
[accordion_toggle title=”Lifeguard Manual”]You can download a free digital version of the Lifeguard Manual to study for training. Please Note: You are not required to purchase or print the manual.
[accordion_toggle title=”What to Bring to Class”]
- Shallow Water Lifeguard Review Forms
- Valid copy of current certifications including: Shallow Water Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED
- Online course completion report
- Adult and Infant CPR pocket masks or $25 to purchase a set at class (both masks are now required per Red Cross guidelines)
- Bathing suit and towel
- A pen or pencil and paper for notes
[accordion_toggle title=”Certification & Class Receipt”]
- The certificate will be emailed to you from the Red Cross with in 2 business days after completing the class (please check your spam folder if you do not get the email)
- If you do not receive an email visit redcross.org/getcertificate and enter your First Name, Last Name, Postal Code (where the class was held) and the
- If you require a wallet size certificate please call 1-800-RED-CROSS
- Print: Training Receipt
- Note: To customize your class receipt, you will need Adobe Reader and input the fields as they pertain to the course(s) you completed.
[accordion_toggle title=”Re-certification FAQ’s”]
Who is eligible to participate in a Review course?
The Shallow Water Lifeguard Review course is designed for individuals with a current Shallow Water Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certificate to recertify every 2 years.
Can I recertify if my certification has expired?
Yes, as long as it has not expired more than 30 days. If your certification has expired by more than 30 days you must take the full course.
Can I challenge the course?
The Red Cross is no longer allowing Lifeguards to challenge the course.
Is there a crossover course for basic-level lifeguards certified/licensed in lifeguard training by another training agency, such as the YMCA, Ellis and Associates or StarGuard?
No, individuals must successfully complete the full course to receive certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
[accordion_toggle title=”Program Policies”]
Class Transfers – The class transfer fee is $45 and registered participants are required to submit a Transfer Request online at least 48 hours prior to the original class date. Training must be completed within 60 days of the original class date.
No Refunds – Training deposits are nonrefundable and No refunds will be issued once course fees have been submitted. In the event that a participant is unable to pass the prerequisites or final exams the participant may transfer to a class at a later date (if available). If a participant is absent from any scheduled class days or times, the participant will not be offered a transfer or refund of any kind.
No Visitors – Only registered participants are allowed on the pool deck or in the classrooms during training. All visitors including parents must wait in the parking lot.
Cancelled Classes – Safe Swim reserves the right to cancel classes as needed. In the event a class is canceled registered participants will be offered a transfer to a different class free of charge or a full refund of the training deposit.